Monday, October 25, 2021

Don’t Stress Over Sales - Just Productivity

There’s a problem that working writers always face, and that is, how to earn money writing.

It’s one thing to decide that you want to earn money writing articles or as a freelance writer or even a novelist, but it’s difficult, if not impossible, to know how much money you’ll earn.

The truth is that you cannot control your income from your writing (unless you’re a columnist and get paid regularly) but you can control your productivity. 

I’ve been working as a writer for over 20 years now so I know that I need to earn money from my writing, but I cannot control that. But I can control what I do.

If you’re in the same position and you want to earn money from your writing, or you’re just beginning, here’s what I suggest (from my own experience):

Have a plan of what you’re going to do and then work your plan. I know that sounds overly simple, but it’s the only thing you can do and it’s what you MUST do.

Start by picking the best time to write. It doesn’t have to be the same time every day, but you need to decide which hours on which days will be your writing time. If you don’t set time aside to write you won’t do it. Alternatively, decide how long you’ll write every day (say, one or two hours) and then fit it into your day no matter what, and no matter how late that means you may have to work.

Next, you need to decide what you want to write and how you’re going to earn money from it. It can be more than one thing. I began as a freelance writer and at the same time I set up my own website, published articles on it, and earned money through PPC advertising on the site. One was paid income (freelancing), the other was passive income. And together they earned me enough money so that I could quit my job.

Finally, you need to work hard. And by hard I mean you need to be productive. Not busy. It’s too easy to get caught up in things that don’t matter like reading emails or checking social media or over-researching. Make sure that you’re actually writing, submitting and publishing.

So choose your time to write, know the tasks you need to do, and be your most productive self.

And most importantly, be consistent in everything you do. Don’t be productive once. Do it always.

Success comes from hard work.  And productive people are always successful



Fast & Profitable Article Writing




















Fast & Profitable Article Writing
In a Month



No comments:

Post a Comment