Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Speak Directly To Your Market Every Time You Write

Guest Article by Jan Verhoeff 

Have you ever started writing an article and realized you weren't sure who your market is? It's frustrating, because if you don't know, they for sure won't recognize themselves.

If you're a consultant, you know exactly who you're talking to. You can identify hair color, eye color, and style of dress, because you're looking directly at the person on the other side of the table, when you don a consultation with a specific customer. THAT is your market. Write to THAT person.

The first time a client read an article and called to ask if I'd written that article for them, I had to admit... Yes, I did. Because she was then, and still is now, one of my target clients.

The key is knowing who to put in that seat across the desk from you when you're writing.

Once you know who is in the chair, you can write to that person.

You, the person reading this right now... Yes, you. You are my target person. I can see you right now, across the desk from me, sipping your coffee, saying, "Nah... She isn't really writing this to me. I can't figure out who my target market is."

Well, there you go. I know who mine is, and it's you. You're the one who needs these key items most, because you've been writing article after article, not bringing in a single buying client, and you can't afford to keep wasting your time. So keep reading.

Know that I'm not being rude here... I just want you to get this, so we can move on. We have work to do, and I don't have all day, neither do you. And you're tired of paying me by the hour, to not get what you're paying for. So let's stop making excuses and put these key components of writing to your audience to work.

Let me get straight to the point here, and then I'll give you those bullet points. I've seen your content. You step around the topic like you're afraid of it, walking on eggs, afraid to make a mess. When the reality is, you just need to say it. Speak the truth and let your reader know that you understand their problem and you have a solution that works. Then tell them what your solution is and send them off with directions to put it into action.

Here's the solution to your problem.

How to speak directly to your market every time you write:


  • Put them in the chair in front of you.
  • Call them by name. 
  • Address their problem. 
  • Explain how you know what their problem is (you listened to them). 
  • Give them a list of the mistakes they've been making.
  • Tell them what to do instead of making those mistakes.
  • Give them the specific steps to solve their problem.


Can we just refill the coffee cups right now and talk this through? I know you're waiting for the answer, and you already have the solution to your content marketing problem. But maybe you need a bit more help on what kinds of articles to write?

I can help with that. Let's have coffee and chat. Visit my site at http://janverhoeff.com and let's have a cup of coffee to discuss the solutions you should be offering on your website.



Viglink
Automated Marketing For Your Website Or Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment